freedom isn't found at the finish line

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

I have this mental checklist in my head. It goes something like this- once exams are over I will be able to relax and spend more time in the word of God; once competition season is over I will be able to breath; once this busy week is over I won't be so stressed; once I can drive, making plans will be sooo much easier. This list goes on to bigger things too like, once I get accepted to college all the worry will disappear or once I get married and have kids life will just be a bubble of happiness. I get it in my head that once I reach a finish line my worries will just fade away.... some how just magically poof away & i'll be free. Honestly it doesn't even make sense why I think that because every time I reach a finish line, another one pops up.
The finish lines just get farther away and I keep on running- running with chains weighing my feet down. That's not what freedom looks like, not even close. Jesus is the only way that the chains of this world will fall, but this doesn't happen when we cross this finish line. Freedom is not found at the end of the race, it's found the moment we stop running & start dancing with Jesus. So stop running. Throw your hands up, let Jesus in on the long, brutal race of life- he's not just at the finish line. He's there the whole race cheering us on and dancing with us through it ALL. Not just AFTER an exam or a stressful week- in the MIDST of late night studying and hours spent running around rushing to get things done is when the chains are heaviest. It's when we need freedom the most. It's there just waiting for us to grab it, don't wait until the finish- don't run the whole thing dragging 100 lbs weights. I think apart of the reason we think life is too short is because the whole time we spend it running to freedom that can really only be found when we just stop running and let Jesus break every single chain... that's freedom.

also, I just ran this mud run- didn't really know what we were getting ourselves into but it made some good memories. I just found it kind of funny b/c I just wrote about running, still very irrelevant but anyways I hope you enjoyed!!!

1 comment

Latest Instagrams

© Jordan Rebecca. Design by FCD.