Reckless Love

Thursday, March 15, 2018


Reckless. No hesitation, without thought of consequences. All in, no boundaries. That's it, that's the love of God. His love chases and pursues, it's persistent. It continues to chase when hate seems to have won. God's love never gives up. It runs recklessly into the battle without thought of being rejected. 
My human heart has only been broken a few times. A couple scratches here and there, but only a few times has the pain of rejection left my heart on the floor & oh does it hurt. With every little hurt I think it's human nature to build walls and become more cautious. But God, no no no, he doesn't build walls- he keeps fighting. He keeps running, recklessly, into each of our hearts. The amount of times we say no to his love everyday does not stop him from trying any harder the next time. His love is selfless, he continues to pour out his heart when we give him not an ounce in return. His love does not sway when it is rejected, it is steadfast & selfless. Nothing you do can stop the reckless love of God- no mistake too big or evil so great that will keep him from loving you. We are all so unworthy, yet he gives to us abundantly. In human eyes that's just a reckless idea to give your heart to someone who does nothing positive for you in return. It's just kind of asking for heartbreak. But that's just it, that's how big our God is. His ways are not comprehensible to our worldly minds. I'm simply in awe. How selfless. How steadfast. How recklessly he loves us. I have millions of questions as to why. Why he chooses to love me when I fall short every single day. I don't know if I will ever know the answer, but I just pray I never loose the wonder of it all. I want to stand in awe of the reckless love of God all the days of my life and hopefully in the midst of it I too will love the selfless, steadfast, reckless kind of love. This kind of love is something I cannot give on my own, not with simply my human heart. I need the reckless love of God to be what makes my heart pump & pushes me to love when it seems reckless.



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Jordan Rebecca. Design by FCD.